Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well, the dishes are about done and all our tummy's are full. Everything turned out great and I have no complaints. I worked, cleaned and fed my family all in one day and I'm pooped. This is a day about being thankful, which I am greatly. I have wonderful friends, family and mostly.I am thankful to be here to enjoy them.

I think I mentioned on here about the web site breastcancer.org and the great ladies that helped support me through this. We shared so much of our pain, our sorrow, our plain fact of being scared out of our minds. We shared so much that each one of these ladies I feel close to, a sister. Today with great sadness one of these ladies passed to a better place, a place with no cancer.

She was someone I looked to for always being upbeat and having so many answers to my questions. She had a unyielding faith in God and how He would help her but in the end, the cancer won, or did God win? I am Thankful for knowing this person, for having her touch my life without even seeing her face or hearing her voice in person. I know that I was blessed to have known her for that short time. Jacqniel, you will be missed!!!!!

As I said before and I will say again...cancer sucks. I know that there is no cure and one can only be considered cured if you die from something else. So with that in mind, I am thankful for having enough....

1 comment:

1anonymousmom said...

rosebud,
i am glad u are doing well. thanks for posting on my blog. the news about jacque really hit me hard. she's the first person i've known who has died from BC. i somehow thot all of us on the march chemosabe cruise would be exempt, because we are all so fabulous.