Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cancer Machine


I have just starting realizing that cancer never sleeps. It's like a huge machine that doesn't slow down but just keeps moving along. After my last chemo, I noticed that new people where just coming in to take my spot. And, now that I'm doing rads, the same thing is happening there. My friends that finished before me, are now being replaced by new friends that have just started. I'll be done with rads hopefully on the 30th of July, if all goes well with the machine and they don't cancel on me.

So far I haven't been one of the lucky ones with no skin reaction. You know I couldn't just breeze through this treatment..hahahaha. So far just my collar bone and under the mountain has blistered and become painful enough that I can't sleep at night. This is still better then my worse day of chemo. I have just 7 more zaps and this is just to the tumor site so my skin should heal up soon.
This weekend I'm off to M.I.S (Michigan International Speedway) for a car show and a few laps around the track in the Nova. This is such a great time and the Road Rodz have such a fun, I just can't stay home. I'm tired and burned but I'm going!

I'm not going to let cancer and it's crap treatments stop me from having fun. I haven't let it win so far and since I can see the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train, it's not going to win now. The huge cancer machine can just keep moving along without me. I'm going to M.I.S and have me a drink to celebrate my living with this and all my friends who couldn't live with it and have passed to a better place.

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Enjoy the show. Hope your rads go quickly without any delays.