Thursday, December 27, 2007

There's Right and Wrong

It has been quite the Christmas here. A week before Christmas my right side ribs started to hurt. I can't tell you how scared I was about this. Cancer can travel and mine did before surgery, chemo and rads, it traveled to my lympnodes. I was scared now that it wasn't gone and had traveled to my ribs and that I now had bone cancer. But, being the stubborn dutchmen that I am, I didn't call the doc till after Christmas.

So I called and the nurse told me not to worry cause it could be just scar tissue building up. Ok, I thought, it's all fine. The, not even two hours later she calls me and tells me I have to have a chest x-ray. Now, I'm worried...big time. So we went and it was easy cheesy and they told me the results would be in the next day. I can't believed I even slept that night, so much on my mind.

Woke up bright and early, waited till after noon and I called. Everything was fine. The x-rayed showed nothing on my ribs. Hallelujah!!!! I was so worried and Ken was too. I know I could do the bone cancer but I just don't want to. I just want to be normal for awhile and enjoy life.

So that was the right and now the wrong..Amber lost her baby. Yes, I know all the it's for the best things but I am not happy about this. I know, I know, they can keep trying but..but... I guess I'll have to understand God's wishes here even if I don't like it. Amber and Josh are taking fine so I'm ok with it but my heart just breaks each time I think of it.

1 comment:

1anonymousmom said...

so glad yr scan was fine! so sorry amber lost her baby.
i'm glad u had a happy, healthy Christmas.
much love from Texas