Saturday, August 25, 2007

Now Comes Miles Stones


Miles stones had now entered my life. Yes we all have them and take them for granted but now I can't. Since having cancer, mile stones are very important in my life. First there was Amber's wedding that I thought I wouldn't see. My baby all grown up taking her soul mate in front of God and others. Still brings tears to my eyes!

The next ones kinda weird but hey so am I. Last year Amber and I went to the Metro Cruise in Grand Rapids. The Metro Cruise is an event where the area cars..vintage, hot rods and any other thing on wheels, show up and park and cruise a 15 miles stretch of road. It's a huge event kinda like the Woodward cruise here in Michigan. Last year her and I went in the Jeep to meet our car club to sit and watch the miles of cool cars drive before us. Ken had his car and Amber got to ride in some of our club members cars. It was nice but I did say something to her which has now become a mile stone.

Amber, I said, if I get a hearse next year you and I are cruising this. She was so excited but I somehow knew I couldn't pull it off and perhaps this might be an empty promise. Well!!!! The hearse dream did come true and my daughter and new hubby are going to cruise with the best of them today! With being told that I had cancer in Jan. I knew that a car was out of my dreams..God works in wonders now doesn't he???

Our car club is all set up on 28th street for all of us to sit and watch and the guys have a BIG spot saved for us. This is a mile stone, this is going to be so much fun and yes..I'll post a few pictures of the fun. Here's the web site you can visit which will tell you more about the Metro Cruise..

I'm going to enjoy this mile stone with my daughter with a hot dog , pop and mostly with driving around in my car. Was the cancer a blessing? Who knows only time will tell but so far..it does look that way.

1 comment:

Jacqniel said...

Sounds like fun! One more wonderful milestone. Congratulations!
PS - The website didn't get posted