Thursday, October 25, 2007

One Down..

Yesterday I had my first Doctors appointment since I finished rads a few months ago. Dr. Watson was my radiation Doctor. What a swell lady!She is the one that gave me those heart shaped glasses to wear on my last rads treatment. She is so weird and funny! She also talks in real people terms, which I love!!


Anyway, I figured I'd drive the hearse to that appointment so she and the staff could check her out. On my goodness, they laughed so hard. They all think I have a super sense of humor cause I told them all that I was a driver..not a rider.. It didn't even bother any of the people there getting treatment like I thought perhaps it would.

I passed this appointment with flying colors. Everything looked great with no masses or lumps forming. I did have some swelling but that should resolve itself in a years or less time. Now, the good news..I don't have to see her again for a year. YEAH!!!! Next week however is Doc. Death and my surgeon...then hopefully I won't have to see the surgeon again. I know I have to see Doc Death every 3 months for a year and so on and so on...great..

Dr. Watson did make an appointment for me to get a mammogram and I will have to have one every 6 months on the effective breast. They want to keep checking to make sure no cancer and that it's healing right. She also reminded me that in a few months it will be a year that has gone by.

That kinda floored me, a year since we found this. A year...where did it go???? When we found this and when I had it removed and treatments..it felt like forever. Every day dragged on and every thing as a small battle in it's own right. Now, I'm back to work and my energy is getting back. It seems like nothing happened at all. All I have to remind is a few scares, short hair and Doctor appointments that I don't want to go to.

Hope next weeks appointment with Doc Death goes well and it's just another pill to try with no surgery. Like I said before, I'm done with surgery, at least till every other avenue has been tried. I'll just keep my mind on the Halloween and the Trunk or Treat. Our neighbor Bob goes to the church I'm going to. He's cooking the dogs for the event and informed Ken that at least 400 dogs where being cooked. I ran out and bought some more candy. 400 dogs..that's quite a few kids. I'll post what happens next week both on the Doc's and the fun stuff...

4 comments:

1anonymousmom said...

i started on the pumpkin pie recipe, but my 7 year old daughter dumped out the pumpkin that was draining -- it got ravioli in it when she dumped it out, and somehow i don't think ravioli/pumpkin pie would taste very good....
i bought 2 more pie pumpkins today. i'll keep u posted.

1anonymousmom said...

the pie turned out pretty well! my DH and DD1 liked it -- DD2 had already had enough sweets, so she didn't get any....
when were u dx'd? i was dx'd on 2/12/07 (after they'd removed the lump, which they didn't know was cancerous), so i've got a little over 3 months for my one year survivor date!
good for you that you don't have to go back to the dr for a year! yeah for normality!

Jacqniel said...

I like your rads doc. Sounds like a fun gal.
Can't wait for your stories and pic from trunk or treating. It should be a blast!

1anonymousmom said...

King Ranch Casserole
1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese



DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
Layer the chips in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.