Saturday, March 17, 2007

Angles Are Everywhere

That is a true statement concerning the Rad Doc. I had an appointment to see her after the PET/CT scan. The office is great, it was relaxing and even had a water fountain. My appointment was 1pm and we finished two hours later. The Doc I met told me she wasn't my Doc and I probably won't even see her again, she was just there that day filling in.

She told us about the radiation and then she told us why I needed to do the chemo. She gave us answer that we needed to know, they why's and how's. Most important and what kicked everything into gear for me, she used the word CURED. She said I could be cured. Cured! Up till now the only word I knew was death! Cure just didn't seem possible and I just couldn't believe she said it. Doc Death never said it and according to the death chart, it wasn't even possible. Cure..what a great word!

We explained to her what we where told and how we disliked Doc Death and the death chart. She told us to give him another chance and it would be ok. Ok, I know she wasn't but at the time she sure did seem like an angle. I felt great after talking to her and made up my mind to do the chemo and everything else that was needed now.

We had to go see Doc Death a few days later to get the results of the Mother of All Test..PET/CT. The place smelled the same, looked the same and we even had the same waiting room. Well, in he came but this time he smiled and seem to have a different attitude about him. He sat down and told us...There was no cancer anywhere!!!! Zip, nada and nill. I cried and Ken smiled and a load was lifted. The cure seemed possible, so with that, I agreed to the port and chemo. Doc Death was stunned but smiled and started the ball rolling. We got paper work and set up the surgery for the port an a heart test.

This is now the start of the 6 month chemo and rad treatment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"There was no cancer anywhere!!!! Zip, nada and nill." - - I read those words and got all choked up. I am so happy to hear it! Hang in there Chris! We're all cheering for you! -Kendra