Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Doctor Death..again

Well I had another appointment with Doc Death and you know things don't change much. My appointment was at 11am so they tell you to get there 15mins early so you can have your lab work done. I arrived at 10:40 and my labs where at 10:50 and then I waited till..wait for it..wait..11:40 for my name to be called into a room! That's a one hour wait and by the time I was called the lobby was so full people where standing cause all the chairs and wheel chairs had been filled.

A one hour wait there was so depressing. It brought back all the memories of that time for me. So many sick people with cancer so many who couldn't even walk in on their own. So many with no hope in their eyes and it was terrible.

After my name had been called , I then waited another 10 mins in the room for him to come in. He spent less then 5 mins with me. Asking how I felt and such and the asked me to change and he would be back. It took him another 10 mins to come back after that to do my exam and answer a few questions I had.

After the exam, he told me to dress and he'd be back. He came back after another 10 mins to tell me things where great and he wouldn't have to see me now for another 4 months! So that's another 35 mins just to be told things where great and see ya in 4 months. Ok, that is super news cause I had been seeing him every 3 months.

I went to look for my chemo nurse after that cause I like to cause her some grief since I'm there anyway.. It was so depressing to see all the chemo chairs full. I thought to myself how lucky I was to have an extra 1 hour and 35 mins of my life to be there and that I wasn't one of those in the chair... Different perspective I think.

1 comment:

1anonymousmom said...

rosebud,
i wish you'd post a new pic so we can see how beautiful u look these days! good news about the all clear from yr onc. we'll pray yr job stays around.